Pages

Egg-cellent craft update

Monday, April 5, 2010

Last week I showed you our Spring/Easter craft of growing grass in eggshells.

And this week the grass popped up through the soil and made for a sweet little spring display.


Thank goodness the sun came out to help the process. I was beginning to wonder if this was going to work. We had fun checking on the growth everyday and giving the grass a little trim when needed.

Now they sit under a glass cloche. The others are still growing, so hopefully, I will soon have enough for everyone's place cards for dinner. That will be fun.

15 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I am glad that they turned out so well. Maybe I will try this next year with dyed eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Carrie! I thought about that as I was putting them into the cups. How pretty they would be with the kids' favortie colors. Note to self next year - colors! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eggs! I also love the laundry photoshoot. AND I LOVE the name Charley!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really was worried about the grass growth. I'm so happy it turned out so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey, can you mow the eggs?

    hehe. I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo ooo ooo, this is the first time I've stopped by your blog & I wished I'd been here sooner. Now I totally want to grow some grass in eggshells. How adorably cute is that?

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turned out so perfect...they will look pretty on the table !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling idea! I'll have to keep this in mind for next Easter! Perfect way to involve the kids as well! They look perfect in the little clay pots!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really cute! It's amazing what a little sun can do!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this great idea. It is so simple and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that! Saw you on Remodelaholics Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say