Pages

Anecdotal Inn

Thursday, May 20, 2010

**DISCLAIMER** If you find that the following situation sounds familiar to you, it's pure coincidence. Names and dates have been omitted to protect the innocent.
(Or rather, protect me from litigation, ahem...)

What I overheard at a hotel's front desk...

The scenario...
A guest's young child went to the breakfast area (alone) to make a cup of hot chocolate. The child couldn't quite reach the bar-height counter. It holds all of the coffees, teas and hot water carafes. While the child was trying to pour hot water into the cup, he/she spilled the water on him/herself. It did not seriously burn but it was hot. The guest, upset that her child may have been burned, went to the manager to complain.

"Do you realize that children cannot reach the hot water and coffee pots?" she asked. "You need to lower the counters so they can reach."

My suggestion to the hotel:
Lower the counters right after you install the toddler knife-sharpening station. And while you're at it, leave the waffle irons on in case they want to make themselves a midnight snack.
The customer is always right, right??

6 comments:

  1. Some people are just crazy! They don't need to lower the counter, they should just put the boiling hot water right on the floor so everyone and anyone can reach it. Why exclude crawling babies? :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Friendly Follow, I'm really glad you could be a part of it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh..that's crazy! Uhh...I'd never let my child make a hot drink..most of the time in restaurants, etc., the water is extremely hot! In fact, I don't even let my 10yo maker her own..just in case...

    Visiting from Friendly Friday! I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit and follow me :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good heavens. What is the world coming to?
    I love the idea of a toddler knife sharpening station. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insane! That is what is wrong today. People want to threaten and sue for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so stupid. Thank you for giving me a good laugh this morning. Some people just don't think! Safety first.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say