Pages

On Motherhood for me

Sunday, May 9, 2010

From the zoo trip , May 2010, WA DC

Kids of all kinds act up too and its mother's expression made me laugh.
Zoo trip, May 2010, WA DC


Some days I have to remind myself that Motherhood is the highest calling that I can have. Some days I have to search for the energy to look for one more lost shoe, do one more load of laundry and make one more scrambled egg. I envy those mothers who, with great passion, say they honestly can't think of anything they would rather do than be a mother.
Then there are days when I'm reminded that I am one of them.

Like the other day when Reese came shopping with me and I watched him go straight for the craft section to load up on all the things he wants to create, knowing there would be another picture for me to hang.

And the other night when Belen, Charley and I went to a friend's house where we all got manicures and I watched them laugh and enjoy themselves.

And a day ago when Trae puckered his lips and kissed me over and over and over on the cheek.

And last night when Blair wanted to show me her Mother's Day present, I waited and she began to sing two songs she had been practicing all day. When she felt a little embarrassed that everyone was watching, she suddenly moved to hug me. I held her as she sang in my ear and I could feel the vibration from her voice right over my heart.

Last night before bed, I happily collected the little one's shoes to be ready for Sunday, I made sure the clothes in the dryer had been dried thoroughly, and today I awoke with happiness to get the scrambled eggs started.

I do know that my calling as a Mother is a great one and I love it.
I am so very thankful for it and its beautiful, daily reminders.

And it's ok when there are some days that I can't see the forest through the trees because I know that eventually the forest will win out... every time.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Miss you mom...

4 comments:

  1. I hope you can look in the mirror each day and know you are what will make this world a better place. Mom's have the hardest job in the world, paid in love (not always money). Have a wonderful Mother's day....you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lots of special attention yesterday. It was so much fun. Videos were made, cards, coupons, performances. It was a good day. Yes, motherhood is by far and above the hardest job there is, but those moments and snippets of love make it worth while. Happy (late) Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a funny expression. Even she is like... "you've got to be kidding me." A mom is a mom is a mom, right?! ☺ Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts.
    Happy Mother's Day to you and everyone who reads this reminder.
    It is hard to remember the happy times that make it all worth it and I loved being reminded!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say