Pages

In defense

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


The other day an old friend found me on Facebook. I was really surprised. Just a few weeks ago I found his wedding announcement from years ago and wondered how life had turned out for him. We were friends when I was 17 and he was a few years older. He asked me out a few times and although he was cute, I was not interested. Especially after he tried to swallow my ear while we were watching a movie. I hated that.

Jon wanted to see this guy so I showed him and he got a kick out of my friend. I remarked how he didn't look anything like he did then. And to be honest, I'm painfully aware at how I've changed. But him, I would not have recognized if I were sitting next to him now. Except that if he tried to swallow my ear, I would know who it was...

Jon kept referring to this guy as my "boyfriend."

"He's wasn't my boyfriend!" I said defending myself as if speaking to teasing, older brothers.

He was just having too much fun at my expense I thought.
So while he was showering before work that day, I walked in to the bathroom.
Jon asked "Who is it?" but I didn't say anything and just went over and flushed the toilet.
He began to laugh as the water turned ice cold then scorching hot.

Touche.

linking to Never growing old

5 comments:

  1. Swallow your ear huh? Haha. Nice getting the hubs back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's one way to get payback. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny!! Did he mention the ear thing on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Isn't it funny the boys you remember best are the ones who do really bizarre things? My almost first kiss was a guy who, for some unknown reason, decided to lick my face before he kissed me. I was livid that my first kiss was tainted in such a way and let him know. He never spoke to me again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the ear thing is so gross! How crazy is Face book though? I have been re-connected with so many old friends and family..heck if it wasn't for Face Book I probably would have no idea what my kids were up too..
    I am a new visitor and follower from Over 40 FF.
    I hope when you get the chance you will stop by to say hello..
    doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com/ They say everyone has a story..

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say