Pages

To market, to market

Monday, August 16, 2010

As each Saturday is filled with family activities taking us all over the county, I haven't been able to take a trip to the flea and farmer's market this season. With a few hour break in the early morning, I took the opportunity to go.

Aside from purchasing fresh local produce for the upcoming week's meals, there were also some other deals waiting for me.


One person just had everything in boxes so it was a treasure hunt. I only looked at two boxes because there were only two things that caught my attention: Fireking jadeite and an owl (of course). It set me back only pennies.

Lotus prep bowls - 4 for a dollar.

As I was paying for the plates, I spotted this typewriter.
I nearly reached muscle failure taking it to the car. The kids are so intrigued by this.

I also bought some picture props, a cool, old oil painting of a bullfighter, vintage army men and this die cast truck and trailer. The boys like little toys and I like it when they are not plastic.


So for under $30.00 which included fruits, vegetables and maybe a Philly style pretzel twist, hold-the-salt, I came in under budget...and got some exercise.

linking to Apron Thrift Girl

Southern Hospitality

The Thrifty Home

7 comments:

  1. Suh-weeeet! Girl, I am LOVIN' those little lotus bowls! And the typewriter??? VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outing and shopping...I'm also lovin' those bowls and the typewriter too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss the joy of flea market treasures! I need to get out of the house and go soon. Thanks for sharing your ever lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I love the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The typewriter is so beautiful. I've been known to bring a few home but I've yet to find an old one like that for a good price. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30.00 dollars? Really, that is amazing. How could I find out about flea markets here in Arizona. I never ever can find good ones. Is there a resource you use to find them? -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. great finds! Stop over to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say