Pages

Laughing fits

Friday, September 17, 2010


Have you ever laughed at the most inappropriate moment?

I have and it can be so hard to stop.

I've tried to bite the inside of my cheek or bottom lip. I've pinched myself or closed my eyes to try to think of something depressing. I've counted backwards from 1000 so I could concentrate on something else or pretended that I was having a coughing fit.

One of the worst times was during our wedding ceremony when Jon said, "I do." His voice cracked and went a little high and I began to lose it. I tried all of the above and was yelling to myself that this was serious so pull it together! Every time I thought I was under control, I'd start again so I pretended I was crying. It didn't help that my sister made a funny face at me. Finally, I composed myself, thank goodness.

So, I understand how this news anchor was feeling. In her defense, it was the picture of the criminal that popped on screen and those behind the camera who were losing it that made it worse for her.

Luckily for me, only 6 people witnessed my giggles.

Have a great Friday!
I'll be busy this weekend but hope to squeeze in photos of the Pumpkin stand!

Hugs,
Laura

P.S. I was reading the new Country Living last night and what did I see? but light fixtures like the vintage trouble light strung across a room. See, I'm not so crazy...



linking to My wee view

3 comments:

  1. omg really??? This is so embarrassing Ö.Ö It's like laughing at funerals.

    thx for stopping by and for the follow...I'm following back =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, embarrassing alright ! Years ago, one of the funniest episodes of the Mary Tyler Moore show, she has giggling jag at the funeral of Chuckles the Clown. That still makes me laugh when I see it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top Two Times:
    HS my AP Physics class. I ended up getting kicked out of class.

    About three months ago in the temple. And there was another woman with me. And each time we thought we had control, we'd look at one another and it would start all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say