Pages

Home and office

Thursday, October 7, 2010


I envy those women whose husband's work from home. Jon has returned to work after a week and a half of vacation time. It was so great. We accomplished a few things around the house and were able to get some canning of green beans, applesauce and salsa done. I love to have him here. People say I would get tired of it but I know I wouldn't.

Ever since we got married we dreamed of his commute being just steps away to the office down stairs or on a laptop as we vacationed in Greece. Maybe someday.

It's a lot better than it used to be when he was in the military, though. Those "commutes" took him overseas where I wouldn't see him for months at a time. So I can't really complain or wish too hard - Military wives and husbands are the ones who deserve to have their beloved work from home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there...great blog you have. Came by to follow you...saw your blog on the Thursday Blog Hop.

    Hope you'll come by sometime as well. Thanks so much.

    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always say retarded stuff like that to me to about wishing Travis could stay home all the time. I really don't get tired of him. Kudos to you and me for having BFF's for hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has always had a commute to work until we moved here. It's not just steps away, but it is only 7 miles and only take about 15 min as opposed to 45 minutes to an hour. Nice. Plus he is home every night now. Double nice.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say