Pages

Tag, you're it - an easy craft project

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love paper. I love paper products. I don't know why but I do. I especially love Christmas and all of the tags and wrap that you can buy. I really get into wrapping a gift with all of the bells and whistles of embellishments. I usually buy tags when they are just too cute too pass up but most other times, we like to make our own. They are quick, easy and personalized.

I use them year after year and add a few new ones as well. These are just a few that I have but others include a wire tag which spells out "Noel," vintage millinery flowers, twigs that are spelled out to say "winter," little match boxes and snowmen made out of felt. They were just not as easy to scan as these.

So if you're in need of a little creative activity, break out the glue, scissors, paper, glitter, twigs, flowers, felt, copies of old photos, small toy parts, mini match boxes, dominoes or whatever you have in that junk drawer and let the kids go to town.


Metallics and glitter add bling.

Using copies of old photographs is a great way to personalize. Using the recipient's photo is a gift within a gift or a great way to remember someone else. It's one of my favorite tags to make. I also like it when the photo corresponds to the season.
My dad is the little guy.


You can make tags more masculine by using traditional colors.


Vintage postcards are always in my supply closet. Here I used small, silk holly leaves to add dimension to the existing leaves. I also use vintage cards for my holiday cards.

After cutting paper to fit an existing tag, print a saying on vellum paper, layer on top, glue it all together and finish with a ribbon. Super easy. Have fun!
I still do, do you??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say