Pages

One thing leads to another

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yesterday I had every intention of leaving the house.

I said I was going to the thrift shop but then I decided to get the kitchen clean before I left. I like coming home to clean dishes.

I did that and then decided to get the bins out of the garage so I could put away the Christmas ornaments. While I was downstairs, I decided to fold the laundry that I had earlier pulled out of the dryer. Seeing there was more to do, I processed another load of laundry. As I walked by the computer, I realized I had some work waiting for me there.

See where I'm going here? Or should I say, where I'm not going?

I didn't get around to the thrift shop or the fabric store.

And I'm still working on clearing the house of Christmas decorations. The tree is at the curb and the ornaments are safely packed away for next year, I mean later this year.


After Christmas ornaments. I was good this year and bought only a few.

Storing lights this way makes it easy for next season's unravel.



Now the living room is looking a little blah so I thought it was time for a change. I pulled out left-over paint from Reese's room to see how it would look on the back of the shelves.
One thing just leads to another...

Now I gotta get back to the kitchen that was somehow messed up again.
See you later!

6 comments:

  1. Getting sidetracked is one of the easiest things that can happen. Usually I plan errands right after breakfast just so that I can get outta the house by lunch. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girl!! Do you hear me laughing with you?! I laugh because I so relate to the chain reaction that changes the course of your day. There surely is a cure for that, but I have not found it.

    I hope you manage to find a way to put all that required stuff to the side and get to the shopping stuff that a girl has gotta do.

    You're the best!

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in the same kind of pattern for a week...I feel like a jet that's circling the airport but can't land yet !

    I have had a hankering to visit the fabric store but have stopped myself because I still have a few pieces of yard goods to use before I go on one of my facric binges again ( I never have enough )

    You did good in spite of all the sidetracks you took...getting something done is better than leaving everything UNDONE for another day !

    Your sweet comment on my recent story warmed my heart so much...thank you !

    Hugs.
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there done that! Loved the post, it is so nice to know I am not alone. I love when you finally crawl into bed, lay your head on the pillow and then remember what you had planned to do that day! Oh well I guess that is what tomorrow if for.

    Good Luck,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a little distracting for you for awhile today.

    Too funny!
    I'm excited to see your paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom does this! hAHA. Me..a little. I am a little bit on the lazy side of things. :P

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say