First, the painter's tape was missing. I remembered Reese used it for something the other day but didn't know what he did with it. After searching for a while, I gave up. Who knows where kids stash things. I could improvise I thought.
So I continued and took everything off the shelves and freed them of any dust.
The paint can lid was on so tight that I had to use a knife to peel off the old paint under the rim. I nearly reached muscle failure trying to twist that thing apart. With so much time wasted, I didn't want to waste anymore and just get to it. So, I tossed out priming.
That was my mistake. I broke my own rule of 'When in doubt, prime it out,' a little saying I mumble to myself when I paint. I don't know if anyone says that to themselves, but I do.
The paint separated and it looked similar to a bar code at first. I let it dry a little and tried again, but it still wouldn't work. I knew I should have primed...
Remember, "When in doubt..." and save yourself some trouble.
Have a great weekend!