Pages

A handmade product review of sorts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011


A friend of mine, Carrie, wanted to make handmade gifts and one of the things she taught herself was to make monogrammed dish washing cloths. I saw them while I was over at her house and thought they were so clever. I love monograms and anything to do with typography in general so I had to have some. How cute would a set of 7 with the initial of each day of the week be?

Photo taken from Carrie's blog here

I commissioned her to make one that would remind me of Spring as I am craving those pops of color that peek out after a long, cold winter. With the thought of daffodils as inspiration, she whipped up a nice yellow "M." She's working on an "L" along with another, longer dishcloth. As I was making dinner and cleaning up last night, I kept using it which made me happy. It brought in a little life to an otherwise frosty day.

If you'd like your own dishcloth, just e-mail me and I'll get you the information. Or you can head over to Carrie's and chat with her.


Handmade is happy

Have a great Tuesday. For us it's Snowday!
Coming up this week:
Wednesday quotes, vintage Valentines or handmade lampshade,
and climbing a mountain story (literally)

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your "snow day". We're having a "freeze" day here. No schools.

    Those are totally cute washclothes.
    It would make doing dishes a bit more bearable wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that?! What a great friend you are to promote such an ingenious idea. So very like you Sweet Girl! Hope you're warm and well, talk with you soon.

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say