Pages

Wednesday Quotes

Wednesday, February 9, 2011



The trees in my backyard all pretty with ice.

Well helloooo...

After somewhat of a busy and challenging week, I am finally on the ball!

The other day I was walking toward some friends at the store and one said, "I have a sneaking suspicion that Laura is always happy." While I feel that I am mostly happy, I do have those bummer days. But most of the time I really can't think of a good reason to be personally unhappy. That doesn't mean I see rainbows, hear birds chirping and dream of unicorns and puppies all day.
But my theory is that there is no use complaining about a situation I can't control or complain about something unless I back it with a solution.

My kids know this about me because it is something I ask of them. I remind them that they are intelligent people; God gave them creative minds so "use it and get back to me" I say, when they have a conflict with each other or with any other concerns of theirs. And they do most of the time. It's not always without some whining but they eventually get there. Some of their solutions to problems are truly amazing. Hopefully through those opportunities they learn to see their own strengths and become problem solvers and help others see their own strengths too.

So if this is something you are thinking about whether for yourself or others, or if you are like me and feel yourself becoming stressed, remember this week's Wednesday quote:

"The important thing about a problem is not its solution, but the strength we gain in finding the solution."

author unknown

Have a good day!

5 comments:

  1. Very wise my friend. I wish you would have been around about a dozen years ago giving that advice. I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten so old trying to intervene and solve their issues!

    Your tree would be pretty if I didn't live in the artic depths of (**&. To me it is a lovely picture, but I'd rather see a beach, or sunburns or something like that about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam McBride gave a combined lesson the other week during which he gave us this quote... There is a time in the life of every problem where it is large enough to see, but small enough to correct. Thought it went along nicely with your Wed thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tauna - I agree! I could use a beach right about now! Can you believe we used to live at the beach? And after after a while I missed the snow! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaime - I love that! It's a nice perspective. Adam is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very true !

    I am a worrier but have tried for the last year or so to let the things I have no control over go and solve the things within my power in their own time, not mine...this new attitude has given me a lot more peace and happiness in my life too !

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say