Pages

Winter's last hurrah

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Last night just as I was heading out the door to go to a friend's house, Jon remarked that he received a text message from Belen's basketball team captain saying they would have their donut breakfast if there wasn't a 2 hour delay. A two-hour delay? I had no idea.

As I walked down the steps outside, I felt a snowflake on my face. I looked up and determined, yep - those were snow clouds. As I was making my way home there was a dusting of snow on the ground.

I paid no attention to the news yesterday since the kids were out of school and the tv was dominated by Nickelodeon. I don't watch much daytime tv anyway except for Nate.

So as I awoke to another Winter wonderland this morning, I had to question Punxsutawney Phil's eyesight. He is 125 years old after all.
I went to his website to see how accurate he has been over the years and they say he's been 100% right.
Sounds like groundhog propaganda to me.

Oh well, at least it looks pretty again for a moment. And it feels like a good day to relax with some chamomile tea and dream of warmer climates.
Anybody up for Hawaii or a cruise to the Bahamas?

8 comments:

  1. Count me in on that cruise Girl! Enough of this cold stuff. We've had spring temps lately, but burrr cold today! I think I'll stare at the tropical picture you have posted, just for awhile as I sail away in its beautiful waters. Heaven.

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabin fever and winter blues, I've been through them with a houseful of kids too !

    I can be packed in 15 minutes...Hawaii or the Bahamas...I'm up for either one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. just read your comment. I didn't even know I had changed much of my blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to either beach, so I say lets do both. We can return in July.

    I'm so over the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in.... I'll meet you on the beach in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today we have that sun, but no warm breezes to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also was in news absent. So I laid down at 9 to read in normal conditions and got up to go to bed at 11 to 2 inches already. What the heck. As for getting away, Costa Rica sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cruise, what a dream! Someone needs to bring in the Groundhogs kid to take over the business. That rat was wrong this year...

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say