Pages

The art of reflection - mirrors and questions

Thursday, April 14, 2011


I have been searching for that mirror - the ornate and maybe slightly gaudy one to put on the wall that we have been working on. It will hang nearer to the bottom of the stairs and closer to the door for that last minute check.

Near completion!


And after all my searching, still no luck. So until I find that perfect one, I decided to look at what I had on hand which was an old frame. Then I decided to go to the thrift shop one more time and that's when I spotted the biggie. I can always have a mirror cut to fit any of these. I may have to slightly age the sides of the mirror but that's down the road.

The choices

The large frame and the gold one are my thrift store finds. ($22.00 & $2.97) The one in the middle was my mom's that held her wedding portrait. (priceless) I really think the large one is too big for the space so it's probably between the smaller two. Wouldn't the large one make a great pin board? I'm thinking so.

I enjoy details.



Or maybe I should forget both of those and just stick with the good old sunburst mirror?


You can help -Which would you use?



linking to Just a Girl

6 comments:

  1. hmm. maybe you should just give the frames to ME! because I love them! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no opinion, I don't know anything.
    It looks like it's going to be awesome!

    I love frames. It's going to be fun to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. The wall is going to be killer. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough choice! I really love the smaller one, but the middle one is simply gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, may I know the size of the large one? And can I buy it?? How much?? Sorry, too many question, too in love with the frame design.. I'm from Malaysia by the way..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura.. I fell in love with the largest frame. If you won't use it, could you just sell it to me?? I'm from Malaysia. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say