Pages

A day out and the beginning of an Easter craft

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Since it was a half day at school and my oldest was at home, I got to go out all by myself - woot!

What did I do?? Manicure?? Nope, not into those. Although, I have taken my girls but I think it's a waste of money for me. Movie?? Nope, not this time. As my friend said, "go to Jon's hotel, take a dip in the jacuzzi and take a nap?"
Nope, I wish. It's a good idea though!

I decided a little grocery shopping and a trip to my favorite antique mall was in order. Yes, I am that exciting! I am preparing for the kids' Easter baskets so some chocolate bunnies and other goodies needed to be purchased as well as all the boring staples and such.

Because I was working on paper mache eggs last night, I was trying to find some of those old chenille chicks to put in them which is where the antique shop came in today. Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack.

Luckily, sellers always have displays of Easter smalls around this time and I thought I just might find the chicks if I were lucky. I am a quick searcher at places like that so the very first booth I went to had a few that would do.

Now they just need to hurry up and dry - one more night should do it and then they'll be all purdied up.



Waiting to dry

A few cute chicks.

Let's hope they turn out like I have envisioned.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Several years back, my mom made an Easter egg by blowing up a balloon then putting string which had been dipped in some kind of glue all around the balloon. After the string was hardened she popped the balloon, cut an opening in the string egg, and put grass and other decorations inside. It was lovely. I wish I had made one as well. Maybe someday. Good luck with your egg. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' cool...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget to let us see it when it is finished. Love the little chicks, wish we had all started earlier on Easter crafts. Liked the string and balloon idea also.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say