Pages

Everyday life

Friday, April 1, 2011



Spring cleaning week has begun. So has a crafty week. I don't like the term crafty but I don't know what else to call it. I'm working on a few things for a library display and so far NOT so good. This weekend I'll revise some things and hopefully I'll produce something for them. I'll show you what I've done when I know what it will be. It's nothing big. I was just assigned to make some things out of paper. I have a few things in my mind but if you have any ideas, let me know!

Last Saturday we took a bunch of clothes to the laundromat to get it all done in one fell swoop. Sometimes I just like to do that rather than spending all day processing laundry at home. It also made it easier to go through and donate the clothes that we haven't worn in a while. And it was a bonus sending them out freshly cleaned. I was able to stuff two bags full and am working on the third. The toys will be heading out tomorrow. There is more to do. Isn't there always?

I am in the process of taking down every decorative accent and putting it all in a box so I could start decorating fresh for spring and summer in the living room again. Some of the items may make their way out and some may not. I'm thinking of having a swap sometime in late Spring or early summer, like a free tag sale.

Our friends from Florida came in for a quick visit on their way back from Martha's Vineyard. We love visiting with them. They are both really witty and keep us laughing. We were together with them in Texas when the guys were in the Army. They are one of the few friend couples we have that have known us since before we had kids and vice-versa. So it's fun to see our families and talk about some good days. We always wish we lived closer but at least we're on the same coast.

And today Blair went to her first official tea party. Not the political one. A real girl's only, fancy shmancy tea with nutella & peanut butter sandwiches, grapes, scrumptious cupcakes and strawberry milk. She has been talking about it non-stop since and is even wearing her dress. I think she is planning on wearing it to bed. And maybe even the flower hat she made.

Have a good weekend! See you next week with hopefully more interesting happenings...

3 comments:

  1. she looks so cute :) I wish I would have done that with my girls when they were little.. oh well I guess that will be what my grandbabies are for

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i love the idea of taking down everything to start fresh...and the flower hat B made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I do miss that. *sigh* I am sure you will come up with something oozing with crafty awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say