Pages

A hoot of a gift

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm trying to get back on track with posting. It's been really busy around these parts. Forgive me. I'm not always able to juggle it all, at least not very well. So let me get back on track by showing you the sweetest thing sitting in my office.

Have you ever received a gift from someone that simply surprised you, not only by the gift itself, but by the thought behind it? That happened to me recently.

My friend Solviej (pronounced Sole-vye, vye as in "bye") surprised me with a birthday gift: An owl pillow she knitted and sewed herself. Isn't he darling? She used cream and blue yarn as well as blue and brown felt. I am always amazed at handcrafted gifts and think of them as some of my greatest treasures.

I love my owl.
Unfortunately, so do my kids and I keep having to look in their rooms to see who has taken him. They hear me yell from down the hall, "Has anyone seen my owl??" and someone will point me in the right direction. One of these days I expect to get a ransom note for candy.



I'm so glad Solviej started a craft blog to showcase her handmade goods. I've been hoping she would do that since she is very talented. She can whip up hats and scarves like nobody's business. You can also find her here.

Besides the gift, the best thing about friends is they get you.

Have a great day! We're off to a well-baby visit...how about you?

3 comments:

  1. ooh, my goodness this owl is absolutely adorable! I'm off to check out her blog, I have a thing for owls -too cute!! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to make something for you, especially since you took such wonderful photo's of us. I'm very glad you like it:) Thanks for putting a link to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I always wish I were crafty...maybe one day. Off to visit her blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say