Pages

Foreign film

Thursday, May 26, 2011



[In California]

Annie Hall (Diane Keaton): It's so clean out here

Alvy Singer (Woody Allen): That's because they don't throw their garbage away, they turn it into television shows.

It seems that the only time I have a minute to sit and watch the tv is in the late evening. So the other night after running through the channels and seeing the line-up of nothing but "Reality" television shows, I was quickly reminded why I soured on most of them and then that famous line came to mind (although I've never seen the movie.)

Figuratively speaking, I felt my brain go to mush.

In the 15 minutes that I surfed the channels, I think I dropped a few IQ points. I dropped a few more just watching the promos for a few shows - housewives screaming (which are more like silent movies since you can't hear anything but the *bleep, bleepity bleep** sound) pageant kids getting their eyebrows waxed - which understandably led to more screaming, bachelorette's bawling...already. And you know it's really bad when subtitles come on and you're not watching a foreign film.

Then again, maybe I was.

At any rate, I think Alvy was right.

4 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!

    I've yet to watch a reality show. We don't have cable just an antennae.
    Tuesday nights at 7:00 I'm glued to NCIS and then the TV is off for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Such junk on TV anymore. I guess you can always rent a good movie:) But you may have to search hard! Enjoy reading your blog! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with you, I have no patience with the TV shows anymore. I thought it was just me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed !

    Game shows and reality shows are CHEAP to produce when compared to series or T,V, movies and stack up HUGE revenues. The only one on here is "The Celebrity Apprentice" That's when I beat feet to the other room to read or watch a movie. I can't stand Donald Trump !

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say