Pages

Shelf life - vintage finds

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A while ago I mentioned that I was going to clear the bookshelves and look for some new accessories to put up on them. I am always tweaking the shelves, keeping in line with the seasons, rotating items I have stored away or just finding something a little more interesting to display. You know, just a little sumpin' sumpin' to grab your attention - don't you love out of the ordinary stuff like that?

So I went to my favorite antique mall to look for such an item
and came upon a vintage bingo cage. I scooped it up without hesitating.

Its $3.00 price tag only sweetened the deal.

There are seriously good prices at this place, I'm telling ya.



So now it sits on the shelf and no one can resist giving it a whirl



and randomly yelling out a number

just for the fun of it.

What's new on your shelf?



linking to Apron Thrift Girl

4 comments:

  1. That is a cool find and I'll bet it looks great on your shelf !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! And really a great price... a lot of time antique things like that seem to be way overpriced. My kids would forever be playing with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm does dust count? Wait you said "new.' Then nope, nothing new. I love the bingo cage and I would totally play with it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a new gumball machine.

    Wow- it is super hard to find anything at an antique mall near me for under $10. You got a steal!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say