Pages

Blooming success

Monday, June 27, 2011


It's safe to say that I don't have the greenest thumb in the world. Last year I considered myself lucky to have gotten a few roses out of the yard before the aphids went to town on them.

Just before I left for girl's camp, I had one lonely rose on the rosebush so I cut it, brought it in and gave it a little place of honor in the round glass beaker I bought at a yard sale. The rest of the shrub was not looking so well. Parts of it had died and I figured it was time to pull it up and start over.

When I returned from camp, I went to check out how overgrown the garden was (a lot) but then I noticed the rose bush finally had a growth spurt and there were even a few other floral surprises.




So today I get to enjoy flowers around the house for free.
It's going to be a good Monday.


Vintage beaker as a vase- $2.00, yard sale
milk glass compote to hold a bloom - .25 cents, thrift shop

1 comment:

  1. I think they are beautiful. My roses come and go and I don't worry, they seem to have a mind of their own.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say