Pages

Coupla things

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm thankful for...

Freecycle.

Jon and I spent the 1000 degree early afternoon of Memorial Day, standing in waist high grass, dismantling a swing set. It was courtesy of a Freecycler. It was more like he dismantled and I was the assistant. "Wrench...wrench. Scalpel...scalpel." sort of thing. I just happened to see the ad come across my e-mail and snatched it up. With a little TLC and a can (or two) of spray paint, it'll be all freshened up.






Shade trees.


I love them.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they will never sit." (Greek proverb as quoted by Gordon B. Hinckley)





My husband's job.


He is giving away Hersheypark (the amusement park) tickets if you "like" them and the giveaway post on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ComfortInnatthePark
I'm excluded - what a bummer. But you're not! Go check them out.

You would think I'd get some perks...



People who let me follow them around and take pictures like the Paparazzi.



I love it.






Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post !

    Good find on the swing set. Sometimes sweat equity pays off. ( Check for ticks after being in that high grass )

    I have been wanting to go to Hershey Park for years but never seem to find the time to get there... You must continue being a 'paparazzi' photographer...I especially love the baby in the air with his Dad and the word "SOAR" in the photo...brilliant and talented composition !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little boy picture. Good job on the swing set, you saved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!!
    Never heard of FreeCycle.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that tree in your backyard? If so, I must come sit under it. I love trees!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say