Pages

Friday finds

Friday, June 17, 2011

For a while, I've been scouring thrift shops for that ornate and, ok, slightly gaudy mirror I needed for the entry way. I had a few options with some frames I had on hand but needed to have a mirror cut to fit. Knowing I probably wouldn't get around to doing that anytime soon, I waited.
The waiting finally paid off when I stopped by the Goodwill and found this mirror for $1.99. It was a dull, dark gold color until I used Rub 'n Buff in Gold Leaf to spruce it up.

I stopped by a garage sale on a whim on the way home from taking the kids to school. Fridays are the big garage sale days around here. So the .50 cent owl who lost it's top is put to good use on the craft table. I'm debating on whether to spray him some other color.


I like anything in galvanized metal so when I spotted this minnow bucket for only $2.00, it came home with me.

And now it holds only plants, no minnows.


Under $5.00 and happy.


Linking to: Remodelaholic

Chubby Cheeks thinks

Funky Junk Interiors


Fingerprints on the Fridge

8 comments:

  1. enough w/ teasing us w/ this fabulous room! still in LOVE w/ your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry! I'm waiting for the light to be put up. And to hang the pictures...and...soon. Don't get your hopes too high it's nothing as fab as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creativity on a bargain! That mirror is great and I never would have thought to put a plant in a minnow bucket. My brain simply doesn't function that way! Thanks for stopping by... I am now following you and can't wait to see more!
    Staci @ 7 on a Shoestring

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all looks fantastic! I found you at the Hop Along Friday Blog Hop and am glad I did, am a happy new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your finds!! Makes me want to hit up some garage sales! Love your chevron walls too :) I hope you do share more of the space someday! You have a new follower in me! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I'll be stopping back soon!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great shopping day. I am following you back from Hop Along Friday too. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the frame, AND the wall that it is on!! Well Done!!
    twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say