Pages

Friday Finds - nature inspired

Friday, July 29, 2011

Why on earth would I buy a glass pear (.47 cents) with a grape motif on it, you ask?


Because I thought it would be cute as a windowsill terrarium.Photobucket
Don't you agree?



Photobucket
For the terrarium, I washed it and pulled off the grape decorative sticker. Then gathered small rocks, placed them in the bottom and added soil that I saved from a plant that I killed died. (I had Trae put the soil in with a spoon which he loved doing.) I dug up some little weeds that were growing in some of my flower pots and planted them in the terrarium. I also pulled up some moss off the ground, placed it on top of the soil and added a few more rocks for decoration. Instant nature.

************
And since thrifting isn't all about what I like, I found this brand new shirt for Trae man kanski for 3 bucks. Did you know that some of your favorite retail stores donate their clearance items to Thrift shops? It's true.


More next week.

Have a good weekend!




Linking to Funky Junk

7 comments:

  1. I would have bought it! Turned out beautiful! And you all had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet terrarium...love the pear shape and how pretty it turned out. I love that bargain you got too. Last time I went to the thrift store, I saw a lot of retail price tags on never worn items !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your terrarium! Great purchase and now I will keep my eyes open for unique glass pieces to do the same. I hope you will come share this project at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog, you creative inspired thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute terrarium.
    I would never have though of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree! I would have never thought of that! Great finds! Hope you have a great week!
    Kelle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say