Pages

Love where you live

Monday, July 25, 2011

Last week I mentioned one thing I loved about where I live. Besides that, the arrival of Santa to our town square, the college parade and of course, the always enjoyable Hershey's Chocolate free factory tour ride, there are many other family friendly activities in full swing right now. Our current favorite is the free family movie in the park.

The week before last, I had to cover up with a blanket after the sun went down when there was a slight breeze. What a difference a week makes! Last week, I didn't even want to sit on a blanket, opting for the cool grass in the 94 degree heat, even at 10 pm. It was hot, hot but fun.

We love to scout out the local activities in each place we have lived. One of the funniest things we went to was the annual "Spring Ho" in a sleepy, little Texas town. It was actually really fun but it was the crowning of "Miss Spring Ho" that was so funny. Can you imagine having that title?? Hilarious, right?! Or is that just my warped sense of humor talking?

Most communities do a great job getting the word out about their events but if you find that you haven't heard what is going on within your community, just call your local Chamber of Commerce, grab a newspaper, head to the library or google your town's office and look at the community calendar of events.
It's all waiting for you. Go enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I went on the Hershey tour once. It smelled sooo yummy in there. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved catching up on your blog after my crazy summer schedule it is like talking to a long lost friend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say