Pages

Quick switch - DIY lighting

Friday, September 2, 2011

I am not exaggerating when I say that our house had not seen an update since it was built in 1974. Not even a single light fixture. Those are the easiest things to switch out too. But our concentration has been on the flooring and other things so just like the owners before us, we lived with it.

I am in the office all of the time and was getting tired of that light overhead so I grabbed a $2.00 thrift store lampshade that I had stored in the closet and switched it out from the other. It was better.

But when I found some vintage wallpaper for $2.99, I thought it would go nicely with the art wall and wanted to use it somewhere in the room.



So, what else to do but wallpaper the light?


Photobucket


Have a great Holiday weekend! Any fun plans?





linking to Just a Girl

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that wallpaper! Instead of purchasing another light, it was a good idea to just wrap the lampshade cover and make it appear like a new one. You don’t have to spend a lot to make something unique, a little creativity is enough.

    -Allison Shallenberger

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say