Pages

Little chickens and candles

Thursday, November 3, 2011

In another week I will have my washer back. I have never been so excited to do laundry. Honestly, I don't mind the laundromat but with the cooler and unpredictable weather, I'd rather not lug around 5 loads of laundry in the rain and snow. This will free up some time for us.

When the repairman came over and into the garage he said, "Wow, you have a lot of nice antiques in here."

I think I should start selling some. When I visited my mom in Logan, UT, we'd go to an antique shop that was right out of some one's garage. I could do that. Only it wouldn't be just antiques. I have a whole plan. I always have. I had a candy store for my family out of my bedroom when I was about 7 years old. I put a table in the doorway and sold all kinds of candy and gave no family discounts, ha.

So back to the garage... I unearthed my mom's antique candelabras. I knew they were there but just hadn't had time to get them. So I pulled one out and polished it up and put it on the dinner table.

Later that day I made Cornish game hens. When Reese walked in for dinner, he said, "The table is so pretty" and as Blair sat down she said, "It's like we're rich with these little chickens and candles!"

2 comments:

  1. Hello, new to your blog. Coming from MMWB. I love antiques and I'm from Logan. Nice to 'meet' you.

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say