Pages

Last minute flowers

Friday, December 23, 2011



The good thing about being a last-minute Christmas shopper is that most everything is on sale. Last night Jon and I went shopping and most of the items were a quick & easy find as well. There was only 1 thing that we couldn't find but made a suitable substitute. And because of the sales, we came in under budget. Me likey.
We even scored a deal on our tree because we were late getting that up to. There's a silver lining everywhere.

Poinsettia's were all discounted as well so I brought one home and plopped it into a McCoy thrift store pot. I felt bad that they were looking on the droopy side. Although I love red, which is one of my favorite colors, I decided to go with the creamy white/yellow. I figured if I can keep it alive all year, that color would work through all the seasons. Has anyone ever kept their Poinsettia all year?

Maybe if I get this pot, or create one like it, it might have more of a reason to live. Cute isn't it?




2 comments:

  1. My pointsetta died a few days ago. I am not sure what happened as I rarely kill plants. There was a family in my ward in California that planted their pointsetta and it turned into a huge tree like bush. The thing was at least 20 feet high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mrgrow.com/Tips/tips197.htm

    I found this but it looks like a lot of work to me.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say