Pages

Friday Finds

Thursday, January 5, 2012



I love all things vintage pennants, varsity letters and other collegiate memorabilia. Over the years I have seen so many great items and have stashed away a few for myself, like my dad's high school letter he earned playing basketball. Lucky me, it's an "M" and in one of my favorite colors, orange.

I have found some nice pennants along the way also; one of my favorites is from our local high school from 1934 which got me looking for other area high schools. Then the other day I came across this wool throw and I wasn't even looking for anything - I was just looking. It was $5.00 but when I went to pay for it, it just happened to be 50% off. My lucky day - twice. I think it was probably a lap blanket for Football games. You know those Booster clubs!

After a quick dry cleaning, it now sits at the end of one of the boys' bed.
Thanks, Manchester-whatever-you-are.

1 comment:

  1. I love stuff like that too...great finds ! I always wanted a boyfriend in high school in sports with a letter jacket. In those days, the girlfriends wore them most of the time and it was always a sign of who was together and who had broken up and was available !

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say