Pages

Bowl me over - Friday finds

Thursday, February 23, 2012








Pun totally intended. It's been a while for this segment because of the work schedule but I was finally able to make a stop to my favorite and best priced antique mall around. Ah, it was fun, even with a 3 year-old picking up everything. We have a rule. He stands with his arms behind his back when we go into a booth and if he sees something he wants to look at, he'll tell me and I'll hand it to him so we can look at it together. I usually have my hands under his just in case. But 5 kids and a million shops later, we've never broken anything. Charley did almost get her eyes scratched out by a cat at one shop which required a trip to the Dr. and a shot for her but that's another story...

It seems weird that I get excited about a bowl, I know. But when I find vintage Pyrex randomly placed at a thrift or antique shop and they're in good condition, I don't pass them up. Do you blame me? They are so cheerful. The newest acquisitions are front and center, the orange with wheat stalks and the beautiful blue. They were $2.00 each. I haven't paid more than $6.00 a piece for any of them, even the large ones to the left. After reading the article below, I think I've been getting a good deal. I have to start washing them by hand so the designs don't fade but no one around here minds that - less for them to load into the dishwasher.






House of Hepworths

Apron Thrift Girl

French Country Cottage

7 comments:

  1. I love Pyrex!! I have several vintage bowls that use to belong to my grandmother. They are just sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pyrex! If you ever see one of those glass pyrex measuring cups with the measurements imprinted in the glass I will pay TOP dollar plus a finders fee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a talent for finding the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ♥ vintage Pyrex, too. I love finding pieces on the cheap at thrift stores and the occasional yard sale. I am currently posting about some of my vintage dishes by color at http://inapastimeparadise.blogspot.com/2012/02/turquoise-tableau.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never realised pyrex was desirable from a collecting point of view , maybe it isnt in the UK . ive always liked it from the practical cookwear perspective and the fact that the older ones dont break or chip so easily

    ReplyDelete
  6. What issue was the Pyrex article in? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justjen - It was May 2011. Thanks!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say