Pages

Philly freedom

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I have the nicest husband ever. I've always known that. Even before he was my husband when we were just a coupla kids in high school, I knew. I just never told anybody then so as not to ruin the rep.

He decided to meet me in Philadelphia after my meeting on Saturday so we could spend the weekend together. Just the two of us. I can't think of the last time we were able to do that.

Being across the country from both sides of our families ever since we married has never afforded us the ability for a couple get-a-way. We need that from time to time, you know?

So even though he had only dropped me off at the train station 8 hours before, my heart skipped a beat when I saw him standing in the hotel lobby, all dressed up and sporting a new fitted jacket. He was on his phone, calling me so I could direct him to where I was sitting in the large lobby. We turned to see each other and continued to talk on the phone as we walked to meet. I couldn't help but let a huge grin overtake my face. This was going to be a great weekend, I thought. And it was.

We walked all over downtown, shopped at a few favorite stores, visited the Reading Terminal Market, and sat at a romantic table tucked in the back of a nice restaurant.

We meant to get back home early the following day but we played hooky a little longer and didn't return until the evening. The kids texted us to let us know they were all right and hoped we were safe and having fun. It was role reversal. Even mom and dad break curfew every now and then.


Waiting to begin the conference.

Do you know how many lights are on the chandelier? I do. My mind kinda wandered at times.



Fabric workshop and museum. Cool, huh?

Night time

Back alleys


William Penn welcomes



Fun shops

Buying treats for the kiddos at the Reading Terminal Market



Brought home new measuring cups



The end.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...a romantic getaway and keeping the romance alive...good going you two !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I loved that post. You and Jon are a great couple and you have a beautiful relationship! Y'all so deserved that weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say