Pages

Friday finds

Friday, March 16, 2012

Back in early February I stopped off at an antique mall on my way home from work. Just as I stepped in the store I noticed a small booth to the left with things placed at random. That's usually a good sign because prices are more likely to be random as well, which = good deals.

I took notice of the botanical art sticking out from behind some frames. At $5.00 it was a great deal and the booth dealer was having a 20% off sale - even better.
Before

After re-framing.


In my research about the print I found that it was originally an engraving from a seed catalog from the late 1700's. There were 12 engravings, one for each month with all of the flowers blooming in that month. The flowers have a corresponding number and name. This just happens to be my birth month, March. See? I was meant to have it. You should be on the look out for yours.

The catalog became so popular that they had to stop printing it in the large size and went to smaller pages. It's a great piece and so beautifully illustrated. Perfect for Spring.
Then last week at the thrift shop I found Blair some more tea cups and saucers for her tea parties. I even found a sterling silver candle holder for $1.99 that I still need to polish so it'll be an extra fancy tea party.

The dishes were only .49 cents each and are in perfect condition and... they are cherry blossoms.

Now I have officially posted about those dang trees for the 3rd time in a week.



Have a great day!

*And for you local friends, I'm thinking of having a "Hunting 101" field trip. It won't require a gun and shooting animals. We'll go to my favorite places for antiques, vintage items and just plain cool stuff and learn all about the hunt. If you're interested, message me.




4 comments:

  1. I am interested in joining your hunting club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds- I especially like the tea cups and dishes! if I lived close enough, I'd love to join your hunting club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely in for "Hunting 101"

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say