Pages

Love & being lame

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My horses in the newspaper a long time ago. My family home is in the background (between the horses) on the side of the hill.

Recently while on our morning sprinting exercise, Jon tweaked his leg a bit. He tried to run it out but it was still a little sore. After we returned home, we drove out to the farm for some milk and to the supermarket. Along the way he told me that if he ever becomes lame (as in not being able to be physically active) then just put him out of his misery, like they did with my horse.

"My horse wasn't put out of his misery! He's playing on a farm somewhere right now. Anyway, I would go to jail." I said.

"No one would send you to jail." he said


"Yeah huh, Look at Dr. Kevorkian. He's there."


And then a guy jogged across the street in front of us.


"I used to be that fast." Jon remarked. "All fast and cool."

"You still are." I assured him


"No, I'm laaame." he said, stretching out the word "lame" and impersonating The Hunchback of Notre Dame.


Glancing over at him I said, "I could put you out of your misery now." and we laughed and laughed.


I'm told marriage is supposed to get dull but to us, ours just gets funnier and funnier.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect marriage!
    That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am pretty sure Dr. Kevorkian is dead. Even he is out of his misery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - Oh that's right, I forgot about that. My mistake, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say