Pages

Today's play list

Monday, March 5, 2012

Photo taken from #7


It's been said not to ask me my opinion because I like everyone and everything. That's not really true. I just keep most things under my hat. It is true that I hate to say what's my "favorite" because it's always changing and saying a favorite anything is like asking me to pick a favorite child. But for today these are my top song picks I'm listening to, in no particular order because that opinion thing would stress me out...
1. Who's gonna ride your wild horses - U2 (It's Bono. Enough said.)


2. Suspicious Minds - Elvis. Yes, Elvis. (You're dead inside if you don't like it.)


3. I've got this friend - The Civil Wars (No wannabes. Real American Folk music, finally.)


4. Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana (I know, 90's Seattle sound. They're still stuck in the 90's out there but I'm from the Pacific NW so I'm entitled to still like it. Just mop your floors to it. I guarantee you'll forget to mop and will channel your inner rock star. Good times.)


5. Stay with you - Goo Goo Dolls (All around good love song.)


6. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash (All musicians worth their salt credit Johnny in some way.)


7. That's What you Get - Paramore (Happy that my girls invited me to this concert.)


8. These are the Days of our Lives - Queen (Freddie Mercury recorded it just a few days before his death. He had one of the best voices. Bittersweet song. Strangely enough, I read the news of his death on the door of the Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo.)


9. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen (One of the greatest songs of all time. Even non-fans would have to agree. Just listen.)


10. Mr. Brightside - The Killers (I dance all over the house to this. Its tune reminds me of dancing with friends at Portland hotspots.)


11. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman (Brilliant singer/songwriter. Great lyrics)

1 comment:

  1. Like your music choices. I don't have a lot of favorites of anything. I'm just to wishy washy.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say