Pages

DIY Adventures

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Everything was going along swimmingly. The first small wall of tile went up in no time. Well, after we cut a lot of tile. When I stood back to look I decided it was worth the extra effort to go with a herringbone pattern. And once the white grout is in and the cabinets are painted, it will all flow nicely and the pattern will peek through.


Then I went on to the next wall where the tile was going all the way to the ceiling. This is when I wanted to punch myself in the face for deciding to do this. You could blame my fatigue (it was 1:30 am) or my lack of good math skills (I'd go with that) but I miscalculated and a large gap, no, huge gap, stood out between two tiles. My eye kept going right to it and I couldn't get around it so down came the tile. It was like that guy I may have told you about with the hair plugs that looked like a row of bristles on a brush. The one who didn't hire me for a job but called and asked me for a date. Then I ran into him later and my eyes kept going to his hair plugs. Did I ever tell you about that? Funny story.


Anyway, it's back to recalculating now. And it's 1:30 am again as I take a blog break which is why I'm digressing. This could be bad. The first wall looks good at least!

Let's just scroll back on up to that...




1 comment:

  1. Wow I love that wall it looks so good. I hope you can get the second wall done and looking so good too.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say