Pages

The everyday and thoughts on kindness

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hellooo. It's been a very busy week and I've neglected my poor, little blog.
First of all, how are you?

I am dreading tomorrow and seeing the work week start all over again. I am sure I'm not the only one. I know I should be thankful but all I am feeling is burn-out right now, sorry.

We've loved watching the Olympics. I've decided I must get to London. It's picture perfect everywhere you look.

I finished tiling the 2nd little wall in the kitchen and now it's on to the final one. I will have to get to that in-between work this week. I made an adjustment to my little miscalculation but it looks ok, I hope.

Lately, I have been thinking about kindness and how one really cannot and should not expect the world to be kind to them if they're not. That sounds harsh, I know.
It's always been said that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It seems to be true a lot of times but I don't think it's done so happily. I tell my children that for every person they will deal with, whether it's in a work situation, church, or school setting who has gotten or will get what they want with demands, leaving very little appreciation behind, has left a lot of people frustrated in their wake. I don't want them to be that person. I tell them that everyday, unbeknownst to them, they leave a little legacy wherever they go so make sure it's a legacy of kindness.

That has got me thinking I'd like to start some sort of kindness project but have no idea how to go about it. Anyway, just a thought.

Reese and I went on a mother/son date night to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid. We were the only ones in the theatre which Reese thought was so cool since he didn't have to whisper. I felt so bad though because I was so tired only having a few hours of sleep that day. I took Blair's pillow pet with me just in case Reese wanted to snuggle. We shared the pillow and sure enough, I fell asleep the last half-hour. Don't ask me how it ends.

I've had the awesomest of awesome pleasure to photograph lately. One was a birth story even - more on that later.

And that's all on my mind at the moment. Now I'm off to watch the closing ceremonies and make some popcorn. I love popcorn.

Thanks London, you guys know how to put on a good Olympics!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah a kindness project, hummm got me thinking now. But I am pretty sure you do lots of kind things all the time. I love love love the pic of Toa and Shaylyn, so cute! I know I have said this so much the last two weeks you are probably sick of hearing and it may sound fake at this point but you are talented Laura, you can totally capture a moment. I hope your life leads in a path that allows you to pursue this talent as a career, serious, if that is what you want of course. Also thanks for taking over primary the past two weeks, you are so amazing. Well I should go to bed I know I will regret staying up come tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just beautiful pictures!

    I didn't see a lot of the games but everything was so nice when I did tune in. I loved the beauty of London, what a setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura you are so wonderful. I wish you could have come to London with me. My two short days there were amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say