Pages

This land

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm a lover of National Parks. One of my favorites is Yosemite, which holds extra special memories for me.

When Jon and I were first married we lived in Monterey, CA and took a day trip to Yosemite where we hiked to a waterfall with our friend, Mike. We decided to drive up to Glacier Point and see the gorgeous vistas.

Suddenly, I wasn't feeling well so I laid in the backseat of the car while we slowly wound up the long drive to the top. We were behind a tourist bus, going through tunnels, so I figured I was sensitive to the exhaust or that the hike wore me out. Never had I felt so nauseated and dizzy. Maybe, I thought, it was the beginning of the flu.

Finally out from behind the bus, we parked in the lot and I was able to breathe the fresh, mountain air and see famous Half-dome in the distance. The striking views, incredible rock formations and how everything existed together was nothing short of a miracle, I thought, and only brought by God. It was so beautiful I wanted to jump around in celebration or something.


Shortly after we got back to Monterey I went to the Dr. where he informed me that I didn't have the flu, just a little baby, who would make his or her debut in about 8 months. And that - will always be Yosemite for me.

But besides the baby (Belén) you can see why it took my breath away.

Watch a little or a lot. Enjoy.



Yosemite HD from Project Yosemite on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I hope to be able to go there one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post !!! It brings back memories beautiful of our honeymoon, partly spent in both Yosemite and Monterey. We plan on doing our honeymoon trip again next year after my Hubs retires !!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say