Pages

Nature's little gifts

Friday, September 21, 2012


I've already professed my love of acorns with their sweet little caps that crunch under my feet as we stroll around the neighborhood.

Now I want to try to make a wreath with them. I think I would like it a little more flat with the acorns lying end to cap. Maybe even spray painted? The construction seems to be easy, it's the collecting that is more of a challenge I think. So you'll know what we'll be doing on our weekend walk.

I also stumbled upon a picture of this twig leaf that I am dying over. There are sticks everywhere right now since the heavy rainstorm brought them down last week.

How great is it that nature gives us such good materials to work with?

 
 
 
Have a happy first weekend of Fall!

4 comments:

  1. I think your acorn wreath is going to be beautiful, I couldn't put one outside though.


    Have you ever tried the Glossy Wood Tone spray that Michael's has. It gives a beautiful sheen to arrangements. My daughter uses it a lot.

    Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me hooked on acorns. I've been picking them up everywhere. CT has much bigger ones than here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Heather, they're awesome! Another reason to love CT. And their leaves are bigger and brighter too...
    Aren't they the cutest things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy,

    I haven't used it but thanks for the tip! I am going to look for it now.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say