Pages

Friday Finds and a week of Randoms

Friday, January 25, 2013

Good intentions to get a bunch of stuff done went down the drain when...

I received a call just as I was about to bite into my chicken Roburrito and was asked to speak in church this Sunday. So all week I have only been thinking, researching and writing about the subject I have been asked to tackle. I have to start this process right away because it seems that all of the thoughts in my head don't formulate and flow the way I'd like until it's crunch time. So today is crunch time. I've been practicing my talk while I am standing at the sink doing the dishes or folding clothes and then something new will come to me so I have to add, omit and re-work the whole topic. It'll come together somehow.

**************

Speaking of Roburritos, we have found a new favorite. They have about 20 sauces to choose from to put on your burrito. Oh yum.

**************

Reese took 3rd place in his division at the Pinewood Derby. He was so happy about that. We were very happy for him.

**************

The flu bug barely touched us, knock on wood. Charley and Reese were out for one day only. Trae had a fever for 4 days but that was it. Blair and BelĂ©n have escaped it so far. Time will tell.

**************

I went to a fun baby shower for a girl at church. I am lucky to have so many great women to be friends with and look up to. I've been lucky in every place that I have lived because there have always been these amazing women to know in each place.

**************

After the shower, a friend took me to a yarn shop and I saw the most beautiful yarn. I had no idea there were so many different weights and styles. So now I think I have to learn to knit. Afterwards we went to my favorite antique mall and I found myself an old, round wooden frame. I put it up but it looks a little drab so I see some Rub N Buff is in its future. The carving needs some highlights.





As we were cooking dinner the other night, one of the stove top burners caught on fire. I looked to see if there was something burning underneath that had fallen below but soon realized, nope, those were just flames shooting out. I was going to try to turn off the burner when sparks started flying. It seriously shot up sparks like one of those cones you light off on the 4th of July, so I had to run back. Everytime I thought it was done, I went to the stove and the sparks would fly again. Jon laughed at me flailing about. I think I lost a few lashes. The burner let out a big "pop!" and then it died. What a way to go though - in all sparks and glory! We were planning on getting a new stove anyway so the timing is good.

**************

My toes and hands are constantly cold.

**************

Oh yeah, I did manage to get to one thing - details later but me likey so far.






Have a good weekend!
 
xo
Laura


















2 comments:

  1. OMG I love what you did to that nightstand! And I can't wait to hear your talk in church tomorrow, you're always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to you talk too. The night stand looks great! I need to get you over here for a knitting lesson soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say