Pages

Looking forward - a personal lesson on being comforted

Monday, February 25, 2013


The weekend is always the part of the week where I look forward to a little down time (naturally) but lately the down time is smothered by the frustrations of the week before; just rolling into Saturday and Sunday.

During Sunday School yesterday, my mind was drifitng to warmer locales and faraway places. It wasn't for a lack of good teaching or discussion. Quite the contrary, our teacher is excellent and the discussion was thought provoking. I just wasn't tuning in. Isn't that the way it always is? The messages are always the same; good and uplifting. We just need to be ready to hear. He that hath ears to hear...

So as the discussion went on, I jumped from page to page in the scriptures, not really looking for anything in particular, just randomly turning pages. And then I landed upon John 14:18 and it jumped out at me,     "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." Just like that.

I was thinking how I could really use my mom's comforting wisdom right about then. It's been so long without my confidant. And then the scripture popped up and I thought, 'Dang, the Lord's good. Knowing just what I need at the precise time.'

And with that, the sun peeked out this morning, a reminder that there are warmer days ahead, in all respects.

Have a good Monday.
xo
Laura


My two February babies, Reese and Belen, circa 2002



1 comment:

Let's hear what you have to say