Pages

A little bit of latelys

Monday, July 15, 2013

We spent July 4th with friends, eating like it was Thanksgiving. I made hot-weather potato salad and chocolate chip shortbread with fresh berries. Luckily we had games like Bocce ball and 3 legged races to work off the food. It was ridiculously fun.

*****

Nothing says summer like beautiful blooms. A few days ago I found an abandoned house with a gorgeoous Hydrangea bush. The people next door said it has been empty for a few years and that no one should care if I took some flowers. So I did. It needed to be cut back anyway so I look at it as doing the bank a favor. Now flowers are all over the house. I love it.



You know I have a thing for vintage school items. But I have too many so I need to part with them. Some maps and chairs are going up for sale. The maps are big and awesome school maps from 1950.




I went to my neighbor's surprise anniversary party thrown by their 11 and 5 year-old. It was actually really nice. The kids came over and invited us a few weeks before the party. I think they have futures as event planners. I'm surprised Blair and Trae didn't let the secret slip. They can't be trusted with info.

*****

Our friends from Florida are coming to visit. We are excited. It's Jon's buddy from the military and his family. They are hilarious and Jon actually gets a day off to visit. He hasn't had a day off in over 3 weeks so we're making the most of it.

*****

The kids and I have been spending many days at the Library. Blair is determined to earn a ticket to an amusement park for summer reading. Except the last time she just danced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say