Pages

Supreme Court Decision - thoughts

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Because the tag line of this blog says 'a little of everything,' I had to comment on the historic decision by the Supreme Court, ruling in a 5 to 4 vote that the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage.
And my comment is that it doesn't bother me at all.

I could give a long explanation as to why a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, me, would support it but I won't do that because for me it's simple:
I want people to be happy. We were not meant to go it alone in life. And no one's marital status has an effect on my family, period.

What does have an effect on my family
is the economy of the United States and Congress' revolving door of lobbyists who are given special privileges and are allowed to make policy that ONLY benefit the companies they lobby for. That is what is detrimental to my family.

Opponents say that this decision will weaken the family. I say that companies who slash benefits, send jobs overseas, skirt around paying taxes and pollute the environment are weakening the family.

I could go on and on but you know where I am on it. Everyone deserves to live a good life in the way they've set out for themselves, that's where I am.

4 comments:

Let's hear what you have to say