Pages

Those Hollywood types -a vintage dresser

Monday, July 13, 2015

I recently found this vintage Hollywood Regency Dresser at a thrift shop. It was a great size but still sporting its yellow and white faux strié finish. It wasn't bad but came off outdated, you know?

This picture was taken from my phone after I cleaned her up, removed the hardware and had already primed its formica top.


I gave it a coat of chalk paint in Americana Decor's Yesteryear and waxed to a satin finish. I let the wax dry for a day before I buffed it. I usually don't have to wait a day but the relative humidity made it so. 

You can find Americana Décor at Home Depot but I bought it at Hobby Lobby where I could use a coupon. Every little bit saved helps.





The original hardware was covered in paint so I stripped them and uncovered a nice patina on the brass. The long handles have great bamboo details, matching the surround on the dresser front.




It was a quick and easy project. Love that.
The hardest part was moving this beautiful, heavy beast-ess

Enjoy your day!
~L





Linking to







10 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out. It is a unique piece and would look fun anywhere. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke, and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring this on Trash 2 Treasure tonight. :) Thanks for linking it up. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking at everyone's posts!

      Delete
  4. This is so stunning! I love the hardware. Thank you for sharing! Feel free to share this at my Make it Pretty party which is currently live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-144.html Hope to see you at the bash! Have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura! You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-145.html Sorry I'm late letting you know. We've been away for a couple of days at the beach and I'm trying to get caught up. Hope to see you again at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be there next week. On my way to my class reunion this weekend, woot!

      Delete
  7. Laura! The Weekly Feature Series is live, where you are one of the features. Here's the link so you can check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/08/weekly-feature-series.html Have a wonderful Sunday! Hope you had fun at the class reunion! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say