Pages

Weathered beauty before and after

Tuesday, June 14, 2016



It's a quick one!


I picked up this little demilune table for a few dollars. It's nice as is but I wanted to give it a paint wash, similar to the Restoration Hardware dresser pictured below.



The quick rundown:

It took about 15 minutes, tops.

After sanding the top with my orbital sander, I stained it with Minwax Classic Gray stain and sealed it with a wipe-on poly. I love using a wipe-on because I never have streaks that an aerosol or a brush-on can give. While that was drying, I dipped a brush in some diluted Dixie Belle Paint in the color 'Burlap' and just painted it on the legs. 

Since it was watered down, I easily rubbed it off and reapplied until I had the look I wanted. 
Rather than using a gray paint I thought the linen color would blend better with the mahogany stain of the table. I sell this paint line in my shop. 




And now it's perfectly weathered.

7 comments:

  1. I am in love with your painting technique! I have to share this with the world, so I will be sharing it on my FB page today. You did a beautiful job, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgous transfomration. You took it from ordinary to something else alltogether. It has character and style now. And the origial color peeks out from under giving it extra depth. What a Sweeet Inspiration this is. Pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash! http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/06/make-pretty-monday-week-181.html Have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! How nice. I'm heading over to the link!

      Delete

Let's hear what you have to say