Pages

Friday Finds - What I just can't pass up

Thursday, July 14, 2016

What's new in the world of thrift shopping?
Well here are just a few finds from last week. 


  This ceramic faux bois platter, I looove. It's originally from Crate & Barrel 
but I found it at the Goodwill for less than 3 bucks.  A Faux bois design that's ON a platter? It's pretty much my dream find. Of course I'll say that about the next thing but for today it is. 


Again with the candlesticks.
 I can't help it. Aged brass is my favorite 
and they come in so handy for all kinds of tablescapes and decorating.
Primarily they just sit in a smaller group
on the credenza though. (They number around 20 I think overall?)
I should pare them down but in due time. I can't be rushed into that process.
The large one on the left, I bought in Hot Springs, Ark last year for about $5.00.
But the other two are the most recent at $2.47 and $1.00


I like it when the candle melts and drips all over. It can always clean up. Nothing is that precious around here.


 I don't really need another vintage blue jar but the color is so great and I can't pass them up when I find them so inexpensively. If for nothing else I can use them as vases. A keystone jar has eluded me but I found one and since I live in the Keystone state...well it's kind of a keeper. The other one I found is an Atlas jar with a presto lid (on the far right) I love it when they keep their lids on ;)




I always wonder about their ages. If you do too, here's a handy tool found I on Minnestrista 
that gives the date and distinguishing features of the jars.


A handy guide, isn't it?

We'll see what I stumble upon this weekend. Happy hunting!


Linking to:
 Chic on A ShoestringI heart Naptime | 
Flourishing at Home | The Dedicated House

Intelligent Domestications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say