Pages

A couple of things I have vowed to do this year

Monday, February 6, 2017

1. I need to blog more. Not that people are on pins and needles waiting. It's just for me. I like to write (type) out my thoughts and look back on what we were doing here.

2. Cook more. We both have work schedules outside of the home which really make it difficult to have a normal dinner hour so we tend to eat out more than we would like. The other night I made Sweet pork barbacoa, Cilantro lime rice, pinto beans and cherry pie. We had all the fixins for burritos or taco bowls too. Blair said it was nice to finally be eating at home. ?? I was happily surprised by that. Jon got me an Instant Pot for Christmas. I kept saying that I needed a new slow cooker and had never heard of these pots. I use the pressure cooker option all the time. It's so fast, I love it.

3. Train regularly for my 5 Ks. I tend to think about prepping for a race about a week before I need to run and that's not good. I always feel so heavy during the race when I do that and I never break my time from before. I also want to do it because I'm not getting any younger and it's getting harder to stay/get in shape. :) Thanks forties.

4. Take more pictures. I tend to leave my camera on my desk and opt for my cell phone. I miss setting up a shot and just having a better quality photo. As for the photography biz, that's getting overhauled. More on that later!

5. Read more. I say this every year but then I cue up Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Showtime, see the problem here?? and then I get hooked on a show, like I currently am with Man in the High Castle or A Series of Unfortunate Events. And I'm also waiting for some of my series to start again so the books are put down and are rarely picked up again. Must stop that. One book on my list is Fire Shut up in My Bones by Charles Blow. He is a very insightful journalist and I am really interested in reading his memoir. 

I mentioned to a co-worker that I went to see The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and then yesterday she brought his book to work for me to read. Wasn't that so nice? So that's another must-read.

6. Take the business to a new level. My business partner are re-tooling our shop and want to expand a bit. We're taking to the road to hunt for more interesting pieces and decor in the Spring. We're also looking to do affordable interior decorating consultations.

And that's about all the changes I can handle at the moment. We'll see how I do in the next few months.

Have a great day!

L


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say