Pages

Picnic and a paint stick pendant update

Thursday, June 16, 2011



On the day before school ended, the third grade classes (2) held magic shows and a picnic for the parents. It was a perfect day - no humidity. The school provided a picnic lunch and we sat under a big shade tree enjoying all of the excited talk among the kids.




We played a game of kickball, parents vs kids and can you guess who won? The parents kicked farther but they have younger legs and can catch better!





I was all set to video Reese's magic trick but then he called me up to be his assistant so there's no footage. I'll have to videotape him and upload it because it's really a pretty good trick and he practiced so much.



Good-bye 3rd grade. We'll see you in a few years.

On a side note: the paint stick pendant light will soon be put into place. I've primed and painted the underside so it went from this



to this.

After testing 3 stain colors, I've found the one we could all agree on so that will be done today. Jon and the kids' input is important to me since we'll all be looking at this light everyday.

I already have another project in mind with the paint sticks so it's back to the paint desk I go...

**Stay tuned for Friday Finds tomorrow - total spent, $5 buckaroos!**

3 comments:

  1. How fun for an end of the year activity. My daughter was busy the last 2 weeks with field days, trips, programs and activities at her kids schools..she's exhausted !

    That lamp turned out great, nice color !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun day! I can't imagine it being that cool to sit outside like that. We are having high temps down here in the South.
    Your light fixture has me intrigued! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say