Pages

Bittersweet Birthday

Monday, October 20, 2008

Blair Noel is 3 today.

Born October 26, 2005 at 12:30 pm




It makes me a little sad.

I wish I could slow the hands of time.

All I keep thinking about is that soon she'll be grown and I'll be telling her all the funny things she did at 3.

Like, sing Jonas Brothers songs all day, very loudly.

Or, sing Jonas Brothers songs outside while running freely all over the yard.

Or, when she sees "Rock" Obama or John McCain on the t.v. she squeals their names and then says, "I don't like Rock Obama or John McCain, I like Kevin." (as in Kevin Jonas)

Or, how she likes to go down the soap aisle at the supermarket and pick up a plunger to use as her microphone for singing Jonas Brothers songs.

Or, how compassionate she is and how she likes to help me around the house. (I will certainly remind her of that later.)

Or how she says "I smell cowboy" when she gets a whiff of the many cow pastures around here, or how she emphasizes the last syllable in her words, like - "we're goin to grandMAWWS."

Or how she can't go somewhere without wearing "my lips."


Or, how she plays with all of her dollies and talks to herself in any reflective surface.



However bittersweet, I'm still thrilled that I am her mom.

She makes our life a little more fun.

I love you Blair bear.

I hope you'll always want to go places with mama.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm a follower already. Beautiful pictures and you're such a great writer.
    Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is she! Last time I saw her she just a baby! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious. I know that feeling all too well!!

    I love that apron she's wearing in the last picture, did you make that??

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say