Pages

Got soy?

Monday, September 21, 2009


We're crazy for smoothies around these parts.

Today's was a nice blend of plain yogurt, chunky peanut butter, a banana, unsweetened soy milk, ricemellow creme and ice.

I like to call it, "The Elvis."
Even though it wasn't a fried peanut butter & banana sandwich, I think even Elvis would have liked it.

It is quite the tasty, low fat treat. If I didn't know better, I would think I was treating myself to a Top Burger milkshake. Top Burger is a crazy good little place in my hometown. We had open campus in highschool and the place would be crowded during lunch hour. But, we don't have that here and so I make my own milkshakes, but without the delicious, super rich, whole-milk, artery-hardening-ice-cream.
The kids love smoothies and don't mind the low sugar content.

Warning: the absence of sugar in these smoothies doesn't make your kids less crazy, though. Healthier maybe but still crazy. Would you want it any other way??

Cheers to a great week!

P.S. Did you join the Fall swap? Hurry up - whaddya waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say