Pages

A Give-a-Way - some things in life are free!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Photos courtesy of BHG.com
I always enjoy a good shelter magazine.

They are a nice departure from my regular reading material. I love to peruse the pages of good design, fashion, and DIY projects to inspire my own.
But due to the economy, higher prices for paper and tightening up the household budgets, a few of my favorites like Domino, Cottage Living and Country Home went the way of the Dodo Bird.

Luckily, Better Homes and Gardens is still around and they have reasonable subscription prices. So good in fact, that I am having a give-a-way for a free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens Magazine for two, count 'em 2, lucky readers!

Now, because there are a few of you, you'll have a pretty good chance of getting a great magazine stuffed into your mailbox every month!

**All you have to do is leave a comment titled, "BHG ME" and you're in!
And while you're at it, inspire us by telling what you are doing to make your home a haven for your family. (and friends)

This Fall, I'll be working on crafts with the kids (corn husk dolls) for Thanksgiving, testing new recipes for pumpkin cookies w/cream cheese frosting and making good, comfort foods. I want to have more things like that around just in case somebody comes by or Reese runs into the house to load up his friends who are playing outside.

And because one of my great purposes in life is to care for my little ones,
that makes my home more of a haven for me.
**The Give-a-way runs through Sunday 11/1/09

8 comments:

  1. BHG ME

    I am doing my best to make my home a haven for my family by keeping it clean, good food, good shows on t.v., reading good fun educational books, crafts to teach letters, and pretty much doing my best to show my love to my family while getting my time in too.

    (Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this give-a-way! I want it soooo bad!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BHG ME, Baby!!
    I am also traumatized that Domino is gone.
    {sigh.}

    This is not very cool, but I am trying to organize my home more efficiently. I have realized it cannot be a haven when there is chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BHG ME.

    I am making homemade autumn comfort foods like applesause, pumpkin pie, cookies, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BHG ME

    At the moment we are in the process of placing this years photos into a photo album.
    The girls love looking at the photos of when they were toddlers and babies. I always print a few extras so they can keep some of the best ones in there rooms to show friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and the red headed doll is totally for your Blair! Don't you love the name tags on the dolls? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....how nice of you!!! I'm not going to say BHG ME because today I received the most adorable SWAP package. It's late, and I've got to get to bed. I'll email you tomorrow!! THANK YOU!!!
    Have a great day.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really generous Laura Lynn :) I just came by to say thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog, and look! A giveaway.

    So, BHG me!

    Now, off to read more of your cute blog :)

    ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops - forgot to say that I'm really trying to keep the children's sheets crisp and clean. I know that sounds so basic, but with five beds in the house (as you well know!) it can be tricky. If everyone's sheets get done every 2 weeks, I'm pleased :)

    ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say