Why on earth would I buy a glass pear (.47 cents) with a grape motif on it, you ask?
Because I thought it would be cute as a windowsill terrarium.
Don't you agree?
For the terrarium, I washed it and pulled off the grape decorative sticker. Then gathered small rocks, placed them in the bottom and added soil that I saved from a plant that
************
And since thrifting isn't all about what I like, I found this brand new shirt for Trae man kanski for 3 bucks. Did you know that some of your favorite retail stores donate their clearance items to Thrift shops? It's true.

More next week.
Have a good weekend!
And don't forget the Giveaway here, it's extended!
Linking to Funky Junk
I would have bought it! Turned out beautiful! And you all had fun doing it.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a sweet terrarium...love the pear shape and how pretty it turned out. I love that bargain you got too. Last time I went to the thrift store, I saw a lot of retail price tags on never worn items !
ReplyDeleteI love your terrarium! Great purchase and now I will keep my eyes open for unique glass pieces to do the same. I hope you will come share this project at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am a new follower! Great site!
ReplyDeletelove your blog, you creative inspired thing!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute terrarium.
ReplyDeleteI would never have though of something like that.
I do agree! I would have never thought of that! Great finds! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteKelle
xoxo